The following reasons were the starting point of the project:
(1) Lack of expertise for the supervision of students in specific subjects at the University of Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and the University of Yaoundé 1 in Cameroon
(2) Fast-growing number of students compared to limited human and financial resources and lack of infrastructures
(3) Brain Drain: migration of highly qualified Africans in Western countries
Objectives: The aim of the project is the design and the construction of a framework to support the exchange / transfer of knowledge between African experts abroad and students and academic staff in African higher education institutions.
(1) Face to face courses in the context of short-term stays, combined with online activities in a virtual learning environment (blended learning courses)
(2) development of modules for knowledge transfer and the integration of activities and processes in local structures and to build “eLearning” competencies of caregivers involved (experts in the Diaspora and local supervisors)
(3) building a knowledge network or a community of practice to support the interaction between the actors involved after completion of the courses